Navigation Menu

Monday 21 January 2013

Asian Peanut Butter Carrot Salad-Chinese Foods

Asian Peanut Butter Carrot Salad-Chinese Foods:

Years two ago, as I was for my cookbook, in the middle of the recipe testing, I was looking for ideas for cold appetizers for lunch or dinner. I did many at the time
, stir frying and wanted something quick with Asian flavors, I could only throw. The result was this Asian stye peanut butter carrot salad, inspired by a classic French dish.



This appetizer was inspired the Carottes Râpées, I had flagged by David Lebovitz, a while back. In contrast to American salad is this one not ashamed to have his a key component without any other vegetables, to share in the limelight. Here the carrot shreds are larger, and instead of parsley, olive oil and lemon, I have changed the sauce for my cold Sesame Noodles, which have covered carrots with a slightly spicy peanut butter sauce.
But the spirit of the salad is still the same. You can as a proper dinner appetizer to eat or have it as a late-night snack. Can drag a fork, when others are watching or, if alone, only it out of the bowl with your hands.
"Sometimes I know that nothing is more satisfying than a bunch of simple raw carrots grated, is easily dressed", says David. I couldn't disagree more.

Peanut butter carrot salad
For 4 servings as an appetizer
5 or 6 large carrots3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter2 El water2 El cider vinegar1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce1/2 TEASPOON sugar1/2 tsp chili sauce1/2 teaspoon sesame oil1 shallot, chopped
1. Peel and Julienne carrots (you can do this with a knife or a julienne peeler, a my favorite kitchen tools).
(2) In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and water stir smooth. Stir in the cider vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce and sesame oil. (Everything you can whisk at once, but the walk is prevented, that the liquid splashing too much).
(3) Toss the carrots with the peanut butter mixture, until the carrots are evenly coated (ideally she should be lightly dressed, do not swim in peanut butter sauce). Top with scallions and serve.

No comments: